When you have multiple transactions, for which you have only received a document once (e.g. an insurance contract, a loan...), you can use an automation rule to make sure that OkiOki processes those transactions automatically.
In the video below you can see how there are two transactions with the same counterparty and amount, representing the monthly payment of an insurance contract.
By means of the automation rule you can have them automatically linked to each other and to the relevant document for the past months, but also for the coming months.
As long as the transaction meets the criteria you specify, it will be processed automatically.
To set up an automation rule for recurring transactions, follow these steps:
- Go to the transaction on your to-do list that you want to automate.
- Click on it.
- Click the circle of arrows in the upper right corner of the transaction.
- Choose "Automate transactions."
- Now you can use different criteria that OkiOki can use to recognize recurring transactions.
- Click "Next." Now you will see all transactions that match the specified criteria.
- Click on "Ok".
- Now you can add a document for all recurring transactions. Click "Find Doc in OkiOki" and select the corresponding document. Click on "Link."
- Once your automation rule is set up click "Done!"
This way all future transactions that meet the set criteria will also be automatically kept from your to do list.
What criteria can I use?
- Counterparty: here you can enter the exact name of the counterparty ("equal to"), but you can also enter part of the name of the counterparty ("contains") or choose an empty field for the counterparty ("is empty ").
- Counterparty bank account number: Here you can enter the account number of the counterparty. All transactions to this bank account number (which also correspond with the other preferred criteria) will then be automated.
- Amount: Here you can set that transactions with a specific amount should be automated ("equal to"), but you can also indicate that the amount should be somewhere between amount X and amount Y ("between").
- Description: Here you can again enter the exact description as criteria for automation ("equal to"), or you can specify a part of the description that keeps recurring ("contains") or you can indicate that the description must be empty (" is empty").
- Message: Again you have the same 3 options: either you enter the exact message ("equal to"), or you enter part of the message ("contains") or you indicate that this field must be empty ("is empty").
You can find all the set automation rules in the menu under 'Your account'. There you can edit each rule and view the result of the automated entry.
By the way, if you indicate in your task list that you don't have a document for a particular transaction, OkiOki will ask you if you want to create an automation rule for it.
Therefore, when starting OkiOki, it is useful to automate as many transactions as possible. In doing so, you eliminate several tasks at once and ensure that OkiOki will process these transactions automatically in the future. And again, this keeps your to-do list short.
Please sign in to leave a comment.