When you create an invoice with the OkiOki app, you can structure it using invoice lines. After entering some general information and selecting a customer, you can start structuring your invoice. Below we will briefly go over how to go about this, explain a few more details and give you some tips & tricks for creating invoices quickly.
Structuring your invoice
On the page shown below, you can enter what you sell. This can be various services and goods. To structure this list you can use titles and sub-titles. To do this you first enter a description (the title) and check the box 'This is a general message'. Afterwards you add the line and you have created your first title.
Next, you can then enter your first product or service. To do this, you again enter a description, but this time make sure the box for a general message is not checked. You can also choose a delivery date, the quantity, the VAT percentage and the price. More information about these details can be found below. When you have filled in all the details about a product or service, click on 'Add line' each time to add it to the invoice.
Then when you have inserted some products or services, you can add another title or subtitle and then another few products or services. This way the customer gets a nice overview of what he or she is being billed for (see the example below).
Preview of an invoice with titles:
The product/service details
If you want to add a product or service to your invoice, you need to fill in some data. We will go through them briefly:
- Description: a brief description of the product or service.
- Delivery date: the date the product or service was delivered.
- Quantity: the amount of that product or the number of times the service was delivered.
- VAT percentage: the standard VAT percentages of 21%, 12% and 6% are immediately available in the drop-down menu. When you click on 'More...' you can see more VAT options. All information about the available VAT rates can be found in this article.
- Unit price incl. and excl. VAT: When you enter the price incl. VAT, the price excl. VAT is automatically calculated based on your chosen VAT rate. This also applies vice versa. Make sure you always enter the correct price with or without VAT.
Tips & tricks
Below we will give you a few more tips & tricks to make it easy to create invoices.
A handy feature is that OkiOki remembers all the lines you enter on your invoices. So if you sell a fixed product, you only have to enter it once in OkiOki. On the next invoice, OkiOki will then automatically suggest the product when you enter the first letters of the description. You can still modify the quantity and delivery date, but the price and VAT percentage will already be filled in for you by OkiOki based on your previous invoices.
Furthermore, there are also some useful actions you can take to quickly set up and organize your invoice. On the added lines, if you go to the three dots in the upper right corner, you can
- or move your invoice lines up or down on your invoice
This way you can quickly make further adjustments to your added invoice lines.