OkiOki uses image recognition software to read your credit card statement data. Since such software is never 100% accurate, it is possible that an error may occur in your expense statement data.
How do I know if the data is incorrect?
OkiOki always checks that the total amount of the expense statement corresponds to the total amounts of all related transactions.
If she detects a discrepancy, she will indicate it to you via an icon () on the card of your expense statement.
In the detail of your expense statement, she is going to tell you this explicitly again . Here she invites you to upload a new version of your expenditure statement.
Why is the data incorrect?
There are several potential reasons why your data may be read incorrectly:
- The picture may of poor quality.
- The document may be folded in different directions, which means that the lines of text are not perfectly horizontal. This may prevent our algorithm from capturing the data correctly.
- The algorithm expects several pages. The cover page with the total, the detail page with all transactions and at the bottom the total again. And if there are multiple detail pages, OkiOki expects all these pages as well since the last detail page shows the total.
How can I solve this?
- Always take a picture where the expenditure record is horizontal. Slanted transaction lines cannot be read by OkiOki.
- Make sure that your expense report is always complete. In OkiOki, you can easily combine individual photos from separate pages into one document.