There are 2 ways in which documents can reach your accountant:
OkiOki forwards it automatically
OkiOki automatically forwards your document to your accountant as soon as she knows it is relevant for accounting purposes. This usually happens in 3 cases:
- If OkiOki can match a document to a transaction
- If the document is a sales invoice
- If OkiOki can recognize that it is a document paid by credit card or direct debit. Then she snoozes the document and forwards it to your accountant.
OkiOki forwards the document after your intervention
This occurs when OkiOki is not sure if a document can be send to your accountant because she can't find a transaction. Then OkiOki will put the document on your task list and it is up to you to indicate if and how that invoice was paid. Once you take one of the following actions, OkiOki will forward the document to your bookkeeper:
- You set a payment reminder.
- You indicate that the document was paid by credit card, private money or cash.
- You snooze a document.
- You add a tag and/or comment to a document and mark it as 'Complete'.
If you delete a document, OkiOki will of course not send it to your accountant.
You can also set up your documents to be sent to your accountant only when you specify it. This is useful if you have an analytical bookkeeping system and you want to indicate to your accountant, for example, to which branch or project this document can be booked. This article explains how you should proceed to set this up.