Today in OkiOki, you can send reminders yourself. Btw, soon we will provide another feature to send automatic reminders.
You send reminders as follows
In your document detail, you will find the status of your document. Here you can now select 'Send reminder'.
OkiOki then shows you the preview of the reminder e-mail in which you can change the recipients (to/cc) and the copy if you wish.
- By default, OkiOki adds the payment details to the mail. You can uncheck these if you wish.
- OkiOki always automatically adds the invoice itself to the reminder e-mail.
Reminders and reminder fees
A first reminder to a private customer is always free by law. After that first reminder, the consumer has at least another 14 calendar days to still pay the bill.
If payment is still not made by then? Then charges may be levied. But these are now also capped. This should avoid unreasonably high additional costs.
Maximum recovery costs
- Invoices lower than or equal to 150 euros: dunning charges are capped at 20 euros.
- Invoices between 150.01 euros and 500 euros: dunning charges are a maximum of 30 euros + 10 per cent of the amount due.
- Invoices higher than 500 euros: dunning charges are a maximum of 65 euros + 5 per cent of the amount due with a maximum of 2,000 euros.
This new legislation only applies to invoices issued from 1 September; for existing contracts, there is a transition period until 1 December.
Adaptation of terms and conditions
Companies that do not adapt their 'general terms and conditions' to the new rules will not be able to charge default interest or collection costs, according to business association Unizo, and even risk checks and sanctions from the economic inspection.