The expenses you make with your credit card do not appear on your current account. Only the amount corresponding to the monthly statement of your credit card - the total shown on your monthly statement - appears as a bank transaction. This makes it difficult for you and your accountant to substantiate your credit card expenses with the necessary documents. You always have to take your expense report and go through all the transactions listed one by one and match them with the documents you have or have not found. OkiOki can help you with that too!
OkiOki offers a unique solution: When you provide OkiOki with your expenditure statement, it reads all the expenditure lines and translates them into separate transactions. This means that OkiOki makes sure that these credit card transactions do appear in OkiOki as separate transactions in the app.
This is very practical to have an overview of all your actual expenses, a service your own bank doesn't even offer you today. But even more convenient because OkiOki herself can then look for all the documents of your credit card spending. And so you and your accountant can rest assured that every expense is accompanied by the correct document.
How do I submit my expense statement to OkiOki?
To add your credit card expense report to OkiOki, follow these steps:
- Go to your menu and under "Documents", choose "Upload Document".
- In your documents, choose the scan of the statement or the PDF you received from the bank.
- Add your document. OkiOki will now process your expense report. This may take a few minutes as she will read through your document.
- Afterwards, OkiOki will link the transactions of your expense report to the corresponding documents. If she needs your help with this, she will let you know via your to-do list.
You can also add your digital credit card expense report to OkiOki by sending it to your OkiOki email address or by uploading it in your linked cloud storage.
!Important: If you receive your statement on paper, make sure you get a quality scan. The reading of the different lines requires that the document is perfectly straight on the scan. Also make sure that you read all the pages of your statement for the most accurate result.
An overview of your credit card expenses
Bank accounts & cards
As soon as you submit your first expense report to OkiOki, it creates a separate overview for your credit card in the "Accounts & cards" screen. Now you cannot only consult your regular bank accounts but also your credit card ‘account’.
Overview per credit card
In a graph your monthly expense rhythm is visualised. Below it, all your statements for that particular credit card are listed.
For each statement of expenditure, you will immediately receive a brief summary with
- The period
- The card number and the name of the cardholder
- The total amount
- The number of transactions
- An indication if OkiOki suspects that the data from the expense report has not been read 100% correctly
- An image of your expense report and the number of pages
Detail of an expense report
For each expense report, we show you
- the individual transactions
- the monthly transaction of the statement
- the accompanying documents
Each transaction is clickable and leads to a booking detail where you can find the corresponding document and add metadata like comments and tags.
If we suspect that the data of the expense report has not been read 100% correctly, we will also indicate this in this detail and give you the opportunity to upload a new version of the expense report. Read more about this in 'What if my expense report hasn't been read 100% correctly?'
Also be sure to check out this article explaining what to do with documents on your to-do list if they were paid for by credit card.