In the OkiOki portal you can add, invite and follow up with clients.
You can acces your client portal via accountants.okioki.app.
To add a client, click the [+ Add new client] button on your dashboard.
You can also add a client from your client lists (inactive & active) using the button on the top right.
Let's take a look at both methods below:
- Add a customer manually
- Import customers in bulk
Add a customer manually
Let's take a look at what data you can enter per client.
Company contact details
- Company name: The client can see this name in their app, so make sure it also matches the name of the company as used by the client.
- VAT submission frequency
- Client reference (internal): This may be an internal client number.
- Accountancy-managed You can check this box if you want to create a digital file for a customer, without the customer actively working with OkiOki themselves. When you check this box, the option to add your customer's bank account will appear. More information on this can be found below.
- Do not check the VAT number, I am sure the data is correct: If the customer has only just started and has only just applied for their VAT number, the VAT number for OkiOki may not yet be visible in the KBO (Belgian Crossroads Bank for Enterprises). In that case, check this option.
- First name
- Last name/surname
- Email address: This is the email address that the client will use to log into OkiOki and where OkiOki will send its email notifications to. If several users within the company will be working with OkiOki, it is convenient to use a general email address such as (info@) instead of a personal email address (firstname.lastname@).
- Mobile phone number (+32 478 11 22 33): This is the client's cell phone number. This number is requested when the customer logs into OkiOki for the first time and has to create his password. If more than one person in the company will be using OkiOki, then you should use the number of the person whose first and last name you have entered.
- Not yet invited: This is the status of the client. Initially it is set to 'Not yet invited'. At a later stage it can be set to 'Inactive' (the customer is invited but not yet on-boarded) or 'Active' (the customer is on-boarded).
- Language: This setting determines both the language of the interface of the OkiOki app and of the communication OkiOki sends to the customer.
Bank account needed for recognition of invoices
If you checked the box 'Accountancy-managed' under 'Company contact details', the title below will appear. Here you can enter your customer's bank account number, which will allow OkiOki to recognize incoming and outgoing invoices. Do not forget to click on the plus sign on the right to add the bank account number. Afterwards you can also add other bank account numbers.
In OkiOki you can divide your clients and accountancy staff into groups. This way you determine which employees have access to which administrations. This can be useful e.g. if you have multiple offices.
As soon as you have set up groups, you can indicate to which group each clients belongs.
If you do not work with groups, then all your clients belongs by default to the group 'Everyone'.
Integration with accountancy software
Here you determine how the documents get from the client to your accounting software. We offer the following options:
There is no direct link to the accounting software. The client uses OkiOki but delivers the documents to the office manually at the end of the month or quarter.
OkiOki sends all documents to a client's personal accounting software via a related email address. Packages such as Winbooks, Exact Online, Octopus, Yuki, Basecone, Zensoft, Wings, Clearfacts... provide clients with email addresses where they can send their documents to. If you specify these email addresses here, OkiOki will send the documents to these addresses.
OkiOki can distinguish 3 types of documents:
- Purchase invoices
- Sales invoices
- Miscellaneous documents
For each type of document you can specify a separate email address if the accounting package facilitates this, like with Winbooks, Exact Online and Octopus. If there is only one email address available (like the @yukiworks address in Yuki), you can choose to have all documents sent to that one address.
Note: For some software, it is important that you 'whitelist' the OkiOki sender address. This means that you explicitly confirm the email address from which invoices will be sent to the accounting software. The email address you have to provide in this case is firstname.lastname@example.org. This is for example the case when you use Exact Online. Make sure you check if this is also the case for your accounting package.
Finally you also need to select the accounting package where the file of this customer is managed. Based on this setting OkiOki will ensure that the data is forwarded in the correct UBL format.
In case you have an 'on-premise' accounting package, OkiOki can send the documents via FTP to a file server. This is the case for e.g. Adsolut or Expert/M.
In your general settings, you configure your general FTP setup. You select the main sFTP settings for the company. This is the name of the FTP connection you specify in the general settings ("connection name" see 5. General settings) . In this screen you also specify per file in which folder the documents should end up ("sFTP folder name for this company").
Finally, you also select the corresponding accounting package for the file, so that we can send the data in the correct format.
OkiOki can also send documents to a OneDrive cloud folder.
To do so, you configure your general OneDrive cloud folder setup in your general settings. For each file, you specify in which folder the documents should end up.
Finally, you again select the accounting package in which the customer's file is managed.
OkiOki also offers a tool (Windows server only) that runs on your server and that, after configuration (see Settings) retrieves the documents and also CODAs from OkiOki.
In your general settings you configure the general OkiOkiSync configuration, don't forget to "activate" that also in the general settings. For each file you indicate here which OkiOkiSync connection you want to use and in which folder the documents should end up.
Finally, you again select the accounting package in which the customer's file is managed.
OkiOki can send documents to Clearfacts via an API. If you already work with Clearfacts, you can configure this API connection in your general settings.
You then simply indicate for each client that the integration is done via API.
In these settings, as an accountant you can pre-configure certain functionalities in your clients' OkiOki app.
Settings related to the to-do list
Sync documents and transactions starting from
Here you determine from which date OkiOki will start tracking documents and transactions and add them to the to-do list.
- Date of Registration: This is the day that the client starts using OkiOki.
- Specific date: Choose a date in the past. You can go back 90 days in time. For example, you can have the client work with OkiOki to get his records in order from the beginning of the month, from the beginning of the quarter or from a specific date. This specific date is usually agreed with the client in order to avoid documents still arriving in the old way and at the same time via OkiOki.
Should OkiOki follow up on transactions with missing documents?
If your client has daily receipts, then he or she you with an overview via the daily receipts book. Usually you do not want the client to have to follow up these daily receipts in OkiOki, as there are no invoices or receipts available for this anyway. In this case, you indiciate that OkiOki follows up the transactions without a document, but only for the expenses and not for the receipts.
Hide documents in your to-do list
Some customers wish to get started with OkiOki only based on their transactions. That is, OkiOki expects a document for each transaction. However, they do not want to follow up on the associated transactions for each document without a transaction. in that case, you choose this option.
Note: This option only allows OkiOki to do part of her job and is therefore rarely used.
Settings related to the transmission of documents
Only send documents marked as "Ready" to the accountant
By default, OkiOki automatically sends a document to the accountant as soon as she can match it to a transaction and thus mark it as "Ready" herself. However, if the client wants full control over when a document is sent to the accountant, choose this option. OkiOki will then only send the document once the customer has manually marked it "Ready". This is useful when the customer e.g. adds a tag to each document before it is sent (e.g. for analytical accounting).
Where should we put credit card statements?
Finally, here you can choose where the customer's credit card statements should appear on the server: with the purchase invoices or with the various documents.
You can also edit all these data (except the phone number and email address) for each customer at any time by clicking on a particular customer in your list (See 4. List of active and inactive customers).
Import customers in bulk
You can import customers in bulk by entering their data in advance in an MS Excel template and then upload this template in OkiOki.
You can enter all customer-related information in the template. You can also optionally choose per customer whether OkiOki can immediately send this customer an invitation after importing.
When uploading, OkiOki checks the completeness of the completed template. For lines where customer data is missing, you will either have to supplement the customer data or delete the incomplete lines. OkiOki will only import a completed template if all lines are complete.
The MS Excel template can be downloaded via the link on the Import page.
Invite or activate customers
Once you have created a customer's file in the accountancy portal, this customer will appear in your list of inactive customers. There, under 'Actions' on the right, you can choose to invite the customer so that he or she can register and start using their own OkiOki profile actively.
Did you indicate that the customer's administration will be managed by the accountant? Then you get 2 options under 'Actions': Invite or Activate. If you want to manage the file internally as planned without involving the client, then click on Activate. You can then immediately manage the file and the customer themselves does not have to do anything and will not be notified of this. Do you still want the customer to work actively with OkiOki? Then you can always choose to invite the customer.